Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sweet Cupping Cakes StrongBad

I have this fabulous friend from work, her name is Shanlei.

Shanlei is an amazing baker, she designs cakes that are just, I mean well they would blow your mind.  However lately she has been making cupcakes, and because I am her work mama she always shares by bring me one neatly wrapped and on a paper plate. (well that and I whined at her sinca Angie her brothers boyfriend and our supervisor kept bragging about getting to eat these fantastic cupcakes).

For instance when she first surprised me she brought in an apple cupcake.  The cake was cinnamon apple with an apple filling and with a cream cheese frosting and cinnamon apple crumble on it.  OMJM&C amazing!! I talked about it for days Scott told me to shut up about the cup cake.

The second one she brought to me was a chocolate cupcake.  She had a gummy worm in the filling with chocolate frosting and a white chocolate hand coming out of the top of the cupcake.  (she was going for the dirt pudding that kids make at Halloween time)  Once again amazing!!

For Halloween she made everyone in our department pumpkin cupcakes.  It was a pumpkind spice cupcake with a pumpkin filling and cream cheese frosting with a cake crumble top with carmel drizzled on.

I had to split this cupcake up five ways when I got home.  Why?  Because I keep going on about how amazing Shanlei's cupcakes are to my kids.  So I ended up with just a small portion of this cupcake but OMJM&C it was the best yet.  And I do not like pumpkin stuff at all.  I told Loren I ate it and he was like "you ate something Pumpkin!!!!"  "Yes Loren they are that amazing"  "why didn't I get some?"  "it's a cupcake Loren they are only so big I had to give a piece to the girls and mom" "I want a cupcake" sigh sulk hmmmmm.

Okay so I did feel kind of bad. However I can not control the output of cupcakes from Shanlei.  She out of the goodness of her heart shares these with me because she is fabulous and loves me.  Because I am that amazing.  I truly am you all know me so you should know that anyways.

However this is not about me it's about the cupcakes.

So Monday Shanlei brings in her latest creation in to me.  Well actually she comes in and tells me about the cupcakes she made this past weekend.

The first cupcake was a Jalapeno cinnamon cupcake with a maple glaze on top and maple frosting with bacon pieces and jalapeno pieces sprinkled on.  She said this was gross but her uncle and cousin ate them all and called the next day to order more.  So I did not get one of these (she would have brought me one)

The second kind she made was a keylime pie cupcake.  It was a lime cupcake with a graham cracker bottom (this was genius) and sugar based frosting with lime zest on.

This cupcake was very good but the texture and citrus was hard for me to reconcile.  I did like it a lot it was amazing, just not as amazing as the apple or pumpkin.  We can all have favorites.

However this is all background for the point of the story.

This was monday and I woke up at like 11 pm realized I had not eaten my sweet sweet cupping cake and came out to the living room to partake of the yummy goodness of this cupcake.  Since I have been looking forward to it all day.

Loren was up at the computer, and I have taken a bite of the cupcake and was like hmmm not sure hmmm.

He takes the cupcake "can I have some" "sure, I am not sure about it tastes good just weird to me"

Loren shoves the whole thing in his mouth. Understand I had, had a small bite of the cupcake, and he shoved a cupcake whole in his face.

Loren gets this look of pleasure on his face and moans "ooooooooo"

"she is a genius she needs to open a shop Oh my god Karen that is the best cupcake I have ever tasted"

and he licks his fingers for every single morsel on it.

Loren really enjoys his food but this reaction was even above his normal food gasim that he has been known to have.

Lesson learned from story.

1 define to loren how much of your food you are willing to share
2 Shanlei is amazing and a genius and should open a shop.  Because they are just that amazing.
3 It is funny to watch Loren enjoy food
4 I am an amazing fabulous person and you all should love me.

Anyways I tell this story because one I want you all to be jealous of the sweet cupping cakes I get from my buddy who is amazing Shanlei, because I like to say sweet cuppingcakes (check out homestarrunner.com strongbad emails it is an episode in there).  And it amused me a great deal to watch Loren rapture while eating this cupcake.

So thank you Shanlei you are a truly amazing friend and baker and I think you need to look into culinary school because you are self taught and this amazing.
And thank you Loren for enjoying the cupcake enjoyment.

1 comment:

  1. Your favorite cheerleader's mama!November 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM

    foodgasms are the best :)

    ReplyDelete